Saturday, January 29, 2011

Legally Blonde - The Musical travels Pt. 3

Okay, I'm going to try and sum it all up right now.  Lowell Mass was amazing little city.  Their downtown area is amazing.  There is a little Irish pub there that has some amazing beer and even better food.  I went there with a couple of guys from Legally  Blonde the Musical and we had a great time.  Our waitress was rather attractive as well, which is a very nice bonus.  The Theater there is a very beautiful building that I would love to personally revisit and photograph.  I would also like to go through and say that regardless if Boston is the city that is full of Toll Booths and Tunnels, it is a beautiful city.  I didn't have hardly as long of time in there as I wanted to have, but when I have the chance to go back, I really really really want to go through and photograph it properly and do a proper posting of the city. 

Pittsburgh PA is a beautiful city as well.  Most of my time in the city was done at night and when I was tired, but from what I remember, it is a city that I wouldn't mind coming back to sometime soon.  The problem that I really kind of had was in I-70 at night in PA.  I am sure that the drive is a beautiful one, but when you are driving by yourself, through there for the first time, it's at night, snowing, ice is on the roads, it can put one on edge.  I would really love to go back through there during the day time, in the summer (when I went through was on Dec. 19th 2010) but I am sure that it a beautiful sight going through there. 

Columbus Oh is an interesting city to say the least.  I ended up spending most of my next day in the city, and if you don't get off of I-70, you will think that the city is nothing but an industrial city, which from my observation is mostly right, but the airport is a rather nice one, better than MCI (Kansas City International Airport) by far.  However, I will give a personal endorsement real quick.  If you are ever stranded there in the West side of Columbus and you need a taxi, call up Paul Devitt, the owner of Hilliard Hometown Taxi.  he is amazing.  The cab fair is cheap (I used him three times in the 12 hours I was there, and the most that i had to pay was $30 when I had to go across town to get from the hotel I was staying at to the Airport).  He is a very friendly guy and knows a lot about the city.  He is a great guy and will come to get you basically any time of the day, for cheap.

New York City, the little bit of the city that I was able to go through, was more or less what I had pictured it to be in my mind.  A little grit, a little bit of the old city feeling going through the Bronx and Queens.  I know that it is saturated with "artist" but really, that is another city that I really want to go through and photograph to an extent.  I know it will be hard to go through and actually get a shot or two that maybe no one else has, but I believe that I should be able to get SOMETHING that would be at least a little different.  But then again I know I need to go through and just do a long road trip and take my camera and redo this trip.

Alas, that might be all that I can write about right now for the Legally Blonde travels, but more and other cities and places will be coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love or hate what I have to say? Open up and say what you have to say